Straighten Your Teeth with Invisalign in Edmonton
Invisalign® uses a series of clear aligners that are custom-molded to fit you. The virtually invisible aligners gradually reposition your teeth into a smile you’ll be proud of.
- Remove your aligners to eat, brush and floss
- Change aligners every two weeks
- Your teeth move little by little
- Regular progress checks with Dr. Kanwar
- Results often in 6 months to 18 months
(more complicated cases will be referred to a registered Orthodontist)
Most people won’t notice you’re in treatment.
Won’t disrupt your lifestyle.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Mandeep Kanwar.
Is Invisalign® for Me?
Invisalign is effective for a wide range of smiles. Dr. Mandeep Kanwar, general dentist that provides Invisalign at dentalFX will create your individual treatment plan using Invisalign’s clear, custom-molded aligners to address a range of issues, including:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
How Invisalign Is Made
- Dr. Mandeep Kanwar evaluates and decides if your orthodontic needs are within the scope of Invisalign treatment. Photos and impressions of your teeth are taken. If Invisalign is not able to achieve predictable results for your needs, then Dr. Kanwar will refer you to a registered orthodontist for evaluation of conventional braces or a combination of conventional braces and Invisalign treatment.
- A CT scan (Computed Tomography or CAT scan), is made from your dental impressions. The CT scan produces an accurate, 3-dimensional digital model of your teeth.
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) software is then used to simulate the movement of your teeth during treatment.
- Dr. Kanwar reviews, modifies, and approves the treatment plan before the aligners are fabricated. In many cases, Dr. Kanwar has a secondary consultation with you so you can see what your virtual teeth are expected to look like at the end of treatment
- Invisalign then uses stereolithography (SLA) technology to build precise molds of your teeth at each stage of your treatment.
- Individualized, custom-created clear aligners are made from these models and sent to your doctor’s office.
- You’ll wear each aligner for approximately two weeks. Dr. Kanwar will monitor your progress.
How Invisalign can improve the health of your mouth.
Teeth that are crowded or too widely spaced can create unhealthy conditions, including swollen gums, redness and pocketing, all of which are signs of periodontal disease. As Invisalign almost invisibly straightens your teeth, it can also do great things for the health of your mouth.
Invisalign has no metal bands or wires to trap food and plaque. Maintaining a good oral hygiene program will also reduce chances of plaque buildup, tooth decay and periodontal disease.
Improved Chewing and Speech
For some people, incorrectly positioned teeth and jaws can exacerbate speech difficulties and chewing problems. Correcting your bite by straightening your teeth can help improve both.
Lower Risk of Trauma and Abnormal Wear
Properly aligned teeth can be less stressful on supporting bone and jaw joints.
Step 1: Call today to book an appointment for an Invisalign consultation with Dr. Kanwar, general dentist.
Step 2: Map out a treatment plan.
You and Dr. Kanwar will develop a treatment plan specifically for you. Then Dr. Kanwar takes bite impressions of your teeth, which Invisalign will use to custom-mold a series of clear, removable aligners that will gradually move your teeth. It is recommended to have a complete dental check up to address concerns such as cavities and removal of dental tartar prior to starting Invisalign.
Step 3: Your aligners are created.
Your aligners are created via precision computer mapping and design, then are shipped to Dr. Kanwar.
Step 4: Wear your aligners.
You’ll receive your aligner series, switching to a new aligner every two weeks as your teeth move. Just wear each set of aligners night and day for a two-week period, removing them only to eat, brush and floss. Visit Dr. Kanwar on a regular basis for progress checks. Each case is a little different, but on average, treatment lasts about 6- 18 months.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the nearly invisible way to straighten teeth without braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, without metal or wires.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses 3-D computer imaging technology to depict the complete treatment plan from the initial position to the final desired position from which a series of custom-made, clear “aligners” are produced. Each “aligner” moves teeth incrementally and is worn for about two weeks, then replaced by the next in the series until the final position is achieved.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start—so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
What are aligners made of?
Aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn.
What do aligners look like?
Aligners are clear and look similar to tooth-whitening trays, but are custom-made for a better fit to move teeth.
How does Invisalign effectively move teeth?
Like brackets and arch wires are to braces, Invisalign aligners move teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force on the teeth. The principal difference is that Invisalign not only controls forces, but also controls the timing of the force application. At each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move, and these movements are determined by the orthodontic treatment plan for that particular stage. This results in an efficient force delivery system.